Because it’s the new year and all, I would like to quickly revisit my 2013 goals and let you know how I did on them.
1. Attend 15 MLB games. In 2012 I attended 10 games. I wanted to slightly increase this number, so I chose 15.
- Yes, I attended 19 MLB games.
2. Attend 1 MLB game outside of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Missouri.
- No. Although I attended games in Minnesota and Wisconsin I did not make it to any other states
3. Have an avg. of at least 4.5 baseballs per game. At this rate, I would snag 67.5 baseballs in 15 games in 2013.
- No. I had an average of 3.84 baseballs per game. I would have, but I chose a few games that were bad for ballhawking. I did not regret going to the games though.
4. Snag 60 baseballs.
- Yes, I caught 73 baseballs.
5. Snag each type of 2013 commemorative baseball (if there are commemorates in 2013. Please, Astros and Rockies, Please!)
- No, although I didn’t get the Astros or Rockies commemorative balls (and all the rest that I missed), I did get two opening day baseballs.
6. Have a hit : thrown ball ratio of at least 2:10 . In 2012 my hit : thrown ball ratio was 1:12.7 – I feel there is PLENTY of room for improvement in that area.
- Yes, in 2013 my hit – thrown ball ratio was 1 – 5.63 .
7. Get 10 autographs at games. I got a few in 2012 without trying very much, so this shouldn’t be too difficult. Hopefully…
- Yes, I got 16 autographs.
8. Meet many more people from ballhawking and blogging. I have already met some really awesome people, so I hope I will get to meet even more at the ballpark!
- Yes, I continued to meet many new people through ballhawking and blogging.
9. Finish in the top 3 for the MyGameBalls.com Junior Ballhawk of the Year Award. In the 2012 voting, I took 5th place, and was placed behind Mateo Fischer, “Irish”, Cooks and Sons, and Tom Mikita, respectively.
- Yes, I took 3rd place behind Grant Edrington and Nick Badders, respectively.
10. Finish in the top 50 in the MLBlogs Latest Leaders. I hope you keep reading my blog!
- The 2013 yearly leaders entry hasn’t been posted yet. I’ll keep you informed.
Here is the 2013 Annual Report that WordPress generated for me:
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 9,100 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 3 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Thank you all very much for reading this past year. I don’t know where I’ll be at this point next year, but it means a lot to have gotten this far with all your support! I wouldn’t have gotten here without your help.
Also, thank you to everyone who has commented on any of the entries. It’s nice to hear your feedback whether its good or bad.
1. Attend 1 MLB game outside of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Missouri. I’m going to do my best to get to Chicago for Wrigley’s 100 year anniversary.
2. Have an avg. of at least 4.5 baseballs per game. Its possible.
3. Snag each type of 2014 commemorative baseball. I’m hoping to at least get Chicago and Baltimore’s commemoratives.
4. Catch at least 1 Game Home Run. I came very close to catching Carlos Santana’s homerun on 9/28/13.