The year is almost over! A lot has happened during the last year so lets take a look back on ‘A Piece of The Game’!
2014 Annual Report
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 6,700 times in 2014. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
List of Firsts
- Game at Hammond Stadium (03-05-14)
- 19 Baseball Game (03-05-14)
- 12+ hour day spent at ballpark (03-05-14)
- Game at jetBlue Park (03-08-14)
- Ballhawk Shutout (04-11-14)
- Witnessing Twins Score 10 runs (04-11-14)
- Easter Egg (05-28-14)
- Ball From Rangers (05-28-14)
- Ball From White Sox (06-20-14)
- Attending a Futures Game (07-13-14)
- Attending an All-Star FanFest (07-13-14)
- Attending a Home Run Derby (07-14-14)
- Catching a Home Run Derby Commemorative Baseball (07-14-14)
- Visiting a Pepsi Block Party (07-15-14)
- Attending an All-Star Game (07-15-14)
- Free Box of Cheez-its (07-15-14)
- Game at Wrigley Field (08-21-14)
- Meeting Chris Distefano (08-21-14)
- Witnessing Ballhawk Shawn Snag a Game Home Run (08-21-14)
- Trip solely for baseball (08-30-14)
- ESPN Sunday Night Baseball (08-31-14)
- Suspended Game (08-31-14)
- Witnessing Back-to-Back Walk-offs (09/16/14 and 09/19/14)
- Getting line up Cards at Target Field (09-19-14)
- Getting 3 balls From The Same Person (09-20-14)
- Making an MLB player angry (09-24-14)
- Snagging More Than 5+ Balls Without Batting Practice (09-24-14)
- 200 Baseballs (09-24-14)
- Getting 10+ Autographs from One Game (09-24-14)
- Snagging a MLB Record Baseball (09-24-14)
- Giving away an MLB Record Baseball (09-24-14)
1. Attend 1 MLB game outside of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Missouri.
- Yes. I attended a game at Wrigley Field on August 21st, 2014.
2. Have an avg. of at least 4.5 baseballs per game.
- No. I maintained an average of 3.29 baseballs per game.
3. Snag each type of 2014 commemorative baseball.
- No. I was able to catch three Home Run Derby commemoratives, but i didn’t come close to any others.
4. Catch at least 1 Game Home Run.
- No. At least I was 0/0 instead of 0/1 or something like that.
1. Visit 2 new Major League Baseball Stadiums.
2. Attend one Post-Season Game.
3. Catch at least 1 Game Home Run.
4. Catch at least 10 baseballs in every Ballpark that I visit (Yearly Total).
5. Catch at least 30 baseballs in at least 2 different Ballparks (Yearly Total).
6. Maintain an Average of 4.0 baseballs per Game.
7. Publish new entries within 72 of attending each game.
8. Grow to 350 Blog followers. Currently at 264.
9. Spend an average of $12 or less per ticket (Yearly Average).
10. Only buy ballpark food if it is dollar day.